FINS Head Coach
Head Coach Julian
Coach Julian has a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a background in competitive swimming and lifesaving, bringing both his expertise into his passion with coaching.
Julian has always been active in the swimming scene since he joined the Lifesaving Corporates and Nanyang Polytechnic’s Swim Team. He went on to represent the school in their swimming Nationals and Invitationals.
He obtained his National Registry Of Coaches (NROC) and his Swimming Instructor Technical Certification and started coaching part time while pursuing his degree.
Julian has a rich experience in coaching from taking on swimming assignments ranging from private coaching in condominiums to Physical Educational programmes in public schools. Throughout this time, he practiced and honed “Positive Coaching”; a structured way of teaching and correcting students. With this approach, every class results in students going home smiling and looking forward to the next one.
SAFRA FINS Swim School
Despite having a stable supply of classes, Julian always wanted to reach out to a bigger audience to expand Positive Coaching, and to develop coaches who are willing to share this methodology. That opportunity came when SAFRA Fins Swim School, offered him the position of Head Coach. Since then, he wasted no time in training coaches to bring joy and positivity into their swimming lessons.
Certifications and Accreditations
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) Magna Cum Laude by University of Buffalo, The State University of New York
- National Registry of Coaches (NROC) by Singapore Sports Council
- SwimSafer Instructor by Singapore Sports Council
- Swimming Instructor (Theory) by Singapore Sports Council
- Swimming Instructor (Technical) by Singapore Swimming Association
- Standard First Aid by Singapore Red Cross Society
- Lifesaving 1,2,3 by Singapore Lifesaving Society
- Bronze Medallion by Singapore Lifesaving Society