DEFINITIONS | ELIGIBILITY | ISSUANCE OF POINTS | REDEMPTION OF REWARDS | GENERAL
“Account” means any account maintained by an Eligible Member in SAFRA under which SAFRAPOINTS may be earned.
“Dependent Members” means the wife or/ and child(ren) of Principal Member (except full-time National Servicemen) holding valid SAFRA Membership.
“Eligible Members” means the Members who are eligible to participate in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and may include Principal Members and Dependent Members.
“Members” shall include Principal Members and/ or Dependent Members.
“Participating Outlets” means the merchants, outlets or businesses participating in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme.
“Principal Account” means the SAFRAPOINTS account maintained by SAFRA for the Principal Member.
“Principal Member” means the Ordinary, Associate or Life Member holding valid SAFRA Membership.
“Rewards” means any goods, services, benefits or other privileges as SAFRA may from time to time in its absolute discretion determine, which may be redeemed or obtained by the use of SAFRAPOINTS under the SAFRAPOINTS Programme.
“SAFRAPOINTS” means the SAFRAPOINTS awarded to a Member under the SAFRAPOINTS Programme upon these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme is open to all paying SAFRA Members whose Principal Members’ Accounts are in good standing, as determined by SAFRA in its sole discretion.
- If a Principal Member’s membership is terminated or suspended at any time for any reason whatsoever whether by the Principal Member or SAFRA, as the case may be, the Principal Member and the Dependent Member(s) of the aforementioned Principal
Member will also be disqualified from participation in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme. All unutilised SAFRAPOINTS relating to the terminated or suspended memberships at the point of termination or suspension shall be forfeited and/or invalidated, as
determined by SAFRA in its sole discretion.
- If a Dependent Member is terminated or suspended at any time for any reason, the Principal Member will not be disqualified from participating in this Programme.
- Notwithstanding any matters stated herein, SAFRA shall have the absolute discretion to determine which account shall be eligible to participate in the Programme and shall be entitled to disqualify any account and/or account holder from participating
in the Programme without ascribing any reasons thereof.
ISSUANCE OF POINTS
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, the Eligible Member(s) will be awarded one (1) SAFRAPOINT for every S$1.00 spent at all Participating Outlets or via any other methods prescribed by SAFRA from time to time, in respect of each SAFRA membership
card issued to the Principal Member and to the Dependent Member(s) of the Principal Member, with the exception of the following:
- spending made at The Winners’ Circle (Slot Machines);
- purchase of selected vouchers, car park charges;
- payment of SAFRA-AIG or SAFRA-AIA Insurance Plans, security deposits, fines, tender deposits and document fees, and fees for lost and damaged cards; and
- such other restricted spending or purchases as may be determined by SAFRA from time to time.
- SAFRAPOINTS earned by the Dependent Member(s) will be credited to the membership account of the Principal Member and may be used only by the Principal Member for the redemption of rewards and benefits under the SAFRAPOINTS Programme, unless duly authorised
by the aforesaid Principal Member to make redemptions from the Principal Member’s Account on his/her behalf.
- Additional bonus SAFRAPOINTS may be earned during special offers or promotions held by SAFRA (as may be determined by SAFRA in its sole discretion) for the duration of the offers or promotions.
- SAFRAPOINTS have no monetary or cash value, and may not be exchanged for cash.
- SAFRAPOINTS earned between 1 January and 30 November will expire on 31 December of the same calendar year. SAFRAPOINTS earned in the month of December will expire on 31 December of the following year. All unredeemed SAFRAPOINTS will be automatically
converted into lucky draw chances at the end of each calendar year. Every fifty (50) SAFRAPOINTS is equivalent to one (1) lucky draw chance (separate terms and conditions to apply).
- SAFRA may at its sole discretion determine or amend from time to time the validity period of SAFRAPOINTS or the rate of conversion of unredeemed SAFRAPOINTS into Membership Grand draw chances, or suspend, terminate or vary the terms and conditions
of the Membership Grand draw for unredeemed SAFRAPOINTS, without prior notice to SAFRA Members.
- In order to earn SAFRAPOINTS, each Principal Member and/or Dependent Member (as the case may be) must present his/her valid membership card at the point of sale prior to making any payment and/or purchases. All awards of SAFRAPOINTS shall be made
in accordance with these Terms and Conditions as well as the terms and conditions stipulated by the Participating Outlets and approved by SAFRA.
- SAFRA reserves the right to suspend, determine, vary or change from time to time the Participating Outlets, the type or quantum of qualifying purchases and the corresponding number of SAFRAPOINTS to be awarded, without prior notice to SAFRA Members.
- SAFRAPOINTS accrued in the Principal Member’s Account shall not be transferable or assignable to another Principal or Dependent Member.
REDEMPTION OF REWARDS
- SAFRAPOINTS accrued in a Principal Member’s Account may only be redeemed by the Principal Member and/or by any Dependent Member duly authorised by the aforesaid Principal Member to make redemptions from the Principal Member’s Account on
his/her behalf. Authorisation may be given or revoked by the Principal Member online via SAFRA’s website “MySAFRA” or at the Customer Service Counters of any SAFRA Club.
- Principal Members may use their SAFRAPOINTS in any of the following manner:
- Redemption of Rewards via SAFRA’s website “MySAFRA”, SAFRA app “mSAFRA” or at the Customer Service Counters of any SAFRA Club or such other redemption channel or procedure as SAFRA may from time to time specify,
as may be allowed by SAFRA
- Redemption of instant discount off SAFRA operated facilities, activities, courses and membership fees via SAFRA’s website “MySAFRA” or at the Customer Service Counters of any SAFRA Club as may be allowed by SAFRA; or
- Redemption of instant discount at selected Participating Outlets as may be stipulated by SAFRA
- The list of Rewards and the number of SAFRAPOINTS required for the redemption of the respective Rewards shall be determined by SAFRA from time to time at its sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, SAFRA may from time to time amend the SAFRAPOINTS
required for the redemption of each Reward, or change or remove a Reward from the list of Rewards without prior notice to SAFRA Members.
- Where applicable, Principal Members may have the option of redeeming a Reward in any of the following manner:
- fully with SAFRAPOINTS;
- partially with cash, NETS or credit card payment at SAFRA clubs; or
- partially with eNETS or credit card payment via SAFRA's website "MySAFRA" or SAFRA app “mSAFRA”.
- All redemption requests shall be processed on a first come, first served basis, and are subject to sufficient accumulated SAFRAPOINTS and the availability of the selected Rewards at the time of redemption. Redemption and use of a Reward is also subject
to such other conditions as may be specified by SAFRA or the Participating Outlets from time to time.
- If SAFRA is, for any reason, unable to supply the product or service stated in a Rewards Voucher or collection letter, SAFRA may substitute the Reward with another of a similar value.
- Requests made via the SAFRA's website "MySAFRA", SAFRA app “mSAFRA” or such other redemption channel as SAFRA may from time to time inform the Eligible Member(s), shall be deemed to be duly made by the Eligible Member(s) upon confirmation
of the Rewards.
- The estimated time period for processing redemption items via SAFRA’s website “MySAFRA” and SAFRA app “mSAFRA” is two (2) weeks. For Rewards redeemed via SAFRA’s website “MySAFRA” or SAFRA app “mSAFRA”,
SAFRA will send the voucher or email containing the redemption information (as the case may be) to the Principal Member’s mailing address by ordinary surface mail, at the sole risk of the Member.
- Members are not permitted to request for Redemption Voucher(s) to be sent via other types of mail/ mail service (other than ordinary surface mail). Requests for Redemption Vouchers to be re-directed or sent to any address other than the Principal
Member's mailing address will not be entertained.
- Where the redemption is made at the Customer Service Counters of any SAFRA Club or at selected Participating Outlets, the Principal Member or a duly authorised Dependent Member on his/her behalf must attend to the redemption personally and present
his/her SAFRA Membership Card to the attending staff at the Customer Service Counter of the SAFRA operated facilities or Participating Outlets, as the case may be.
- Upon successful redemption of a Reward, the corresponding amount of SAFRAPOINTS required for the redemption of that Reward will be deducted from the Principal Member’s Account.
- Where a collection letter has been issued by SAFRA, collection can only be made within the redemption hours indicated on the collection letter. Principal Members or authorized Dependent Members or proxy are also advised to call up SAFRA Clubs or the
Participating Outlet to check on availability before proceeding for collection.
- Redeemed Rewards (whether utilised or not) are not exchangeable for other rewards, or refundable, replaceable, or transferable for cash or credit under any circumstances. Any deduction of SAFRAPOINTS from the Principal Member’s Account for the
redemption of the Rewards is final and shall not be reinstated in any circumstances.
- Rewards redeemed must be used within the specified expiry date (if any), failing which the voucher, certificate or ticket shall be null and void and shall not be replaced or extended by SAFRA.
- Rewards in the form of vouchers, certificates or tickets will not be accepted for use if any of these have been defaced, torn and/or damaged.
- SAFRA is not responsible for and is not obliged to replace any expired, damaged, lost or stolen Rewards, collection letters, vouchers, certificates, or tickets.
- The Principal Member or Authorised Dependent Member shall liaise directly with the supplier/manufacturer and/or the Participating Outlets should any of the redeemed Rewards be found to be damaged or defective. He/She shall also be bound by the terms
of the supplier’s/ manufacturer’s/Participating Outlet’s guarantee / warranty (if any) in respect of the redeemed Rewards.
- SAFRA assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any loss of whatever nature resulting from the redemption of any Rewards. SAFRA shall not be in any way responsible for or liable to any Principal Member or Dependent Member or any third party whatsoever
with regards any aspect of the products or services provided under the SAFRAPOINTS Programme by any Participating Outlet or third party operators, service providers or suppliers providing such Rewards. In participating in the SAFRAPOINTS Program,
the Principal Member and all Dependent Members thereof shall be deemed to have agreed to be irrevocably bound by these Terms and Conditions, and, in particular, the aforesaid term.
- No monthly statement will be issued. Eligible Members may check the number of SAFRAPOINTS and redeem products and vouchers via MySAFRA, SAFRA Link or at the Customer Service Counters of any SAFRA Club.
- All questions or disputes regarding the eligibility for the SAFRAPOINTS Programme, SAFRAPOINTS accrual, or the redemption and/or usage of Rewards, will be resolved by SAFRA at its sole discretion and SAFRA’s decision in this respect shall be
final and binding on the Principal Members and/or the Dependent Members, as the case may be.
- SAFRA may at any time suspend and/or terminate the SAFRAPOINTS Programme. The Principal Members or Eligible Members shall not be entitled to any compensation whatsoever in respect of any such suspension and/or termination. Unutilised SAFRAPOINTS shall
be forfeited and/or invalidated upon the suspension or termination of the SAFRAPOINTS Programme.
- In the event of any abuse or fraud in respect of the issuance of SAFRAPOINTS or redemption of Rewards, SAFRA may, in SAFRA's absolute discretion, cancel accrued SAFRAPOINTS and any Rewards Voucher(s) already issued.
- Each Principal Member and/or Eligible Member hereby authorise(s) SAFRA to disclose information regarding the said Member and the Member's Account to third parties as SAFRA may deem necessary for the purposes of this Programme.
- Each Principal Member and/or Eligible Member assumes all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to the person or property of the said Member or any other person arising from his/her participation in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme. To the extent
permitted by law, SAFRA disclaims any liability whatsoever arising from or relating to the said Member’s participation in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme.
- SAFRA does not make any representation or warranty with respect to any goods and/or services purchased by the Eligible Members, whether or not any SAFRAPOINTS have been awarded in respect of such purchases. SAFRA shall therefore not be liable for
any claim, loss, damage, injury, death, costs or expenses howsoever incurred, suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with the purchase of such goods and/or services. The Eligible Member agrees to direct all claims in relation to
such goods and/or services to the merchant, manufacturer or such appropriate third party concerned with the supply of such goods and/or services instead of to SAFRA.
- SAFRA does not make any representation or warranty with respect to any goods and/or services offered as Rewards, including without limitation any warranties in respect of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. SAFRA shall not
be liable for any claim, loss, damage, injury, death, costs or expenses howsoever incurred, suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with the redemption, supply or use of the Rewards. Each Eligible Member agrees to direct all claims
in relation to such goods and/or services to the Participating Outlet, manufacturer or such appropriate third party concerned with the supply of the goods and/or services as Rewards instead of to SAFRA.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, SAFRA shall not be liable for any claim, loss, damage, cost or expense incurred, suffered or sustained by any Principal Member and/or Dependent Member arising from or in connection with:
- any failure or omission to notify the said Member of any changes in the SAFRAPOINTS Program and/or the details relating to the accumulation of SAFRAPOINTS and/or the redemption of Rewards;
- any events or occurrences beyond the reasonable control of SAFRA; or
- any loss or damage suffered by the said Member arising out of or in connection with the use of the SAFRA Membership Card;
- participation in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme.
- Each Principal Member and/or Dependent Member shall indemnify and hold SAFRA, the Participating Outlets and the third party operators, service providers or suppliers providing such Rewards harmless from and against any and all claims, proceedings,
loss, damage, costs and expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or sustained by SAFRA, the Participating Outlets and the third party operators, service providers or suppliers providing such Rewards directly
or indirectly arising from or relating to the said Member’s participation in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme, the said Member’s redemption of the Rewards, the use, misuse or abuse of the SAFRAPOINTS Membership Card, and/or the breach of
these Terms and Conditions by the said Member.
- SAFRA may at any time vary, modify or amend any of the terms and conditions relating to the redemption or usage of the Rewards as they may, in its absolute discretion, think fit, and all Principal Members and Dependent Members shall be bound by such
variations and amendments. It is the responsibility of all the Principal Members and Dependent Members to check the SAFRAPOINTS Programme website regularly for any amendments to the Terms and Conditions herein. By using the SAFRA Membership Card
or continuing to participate in the SAFRAPOINTS Programme after these Terms and Conditions have been amended, the Principal Member and/or the Dependent Member is deemed to have accepted such amendments to the Terms and Conditions herein.
- While all the above information is correct at the time of posting. SAFRA reserves the right to amend the above without prior notice.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- SAFRA's records of all matters relating to this Programme shall be conclusive and binding on the Eligible Member.
- SAFRA's decision on all matters relating to this Programme shall be final and binding on the Eligible Member and no correspondence will be entertained.